Enlist Our Family to Support Yours: Let Us Help You Through It All.

Sugar Land Family Law Attorney

Navigating Clients through Divorce & Other Family Matters

Divorce and other family matters are some of the most emotional legal issues an individual can face. These kinds of cases can affect a person’s personal life, their children, their marriage, and their finances for years to come.

It is in your best interest to retain the services of a skilled Fort Bend County family law attorney who is familiar with the region’s family law courts and who can help you resolve matters favorably. The Law Office of Kara K. Egwuatu, PLLC is the team you can trust to guide you down the road ahead toward the next chapter of your life.

If you need a Sugar Land Family Law Attorney you can count on, choose Attorney Kara Egwuatu. Call 281-606-5188 today.

Types of Family Law Cases

Family law is a broad area of the law that covers all kinds of family-related disputes. Family matters can be resolved through alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation or through litigation. Sugar Land Family Law Attorney Kara K. Egwuatu has extensive experience with both negotiation and litigation, so she is ready to help you resolve your case effectively.

At The Law Office of Kara K. Egwuatu, PLLC, we take on cases involving:

  • Annulment
  • Child custody
  • Child support
  • Divorce
  • Domestic abuse
  • Grandparents’ rights
  • Parental alienation
  • Paternity
  • Prenuptial agreement
  • Postnuptial agreement
  • Property division
  • Adoption
  • Termination
  • Enforcement
  • Modifications
  • Conservatorship

Whether you and your partner are on good terms or have a more contentious relationship, these kinds of disputes can be extremely challenging to resolve alone. With a skilled Sugar Land Family Law Attorney on your side, you are better equipped to positively resolve your case.

Choose The Law Office of Kara K. Egwuatu, PLLC

When it comes to family law cases, experience counts. Attorney Kara Egwuatu has over a decade of legal experience, much of it focused exclusively on the practice of family law. She knows the courts from the inside out and can use that to your advantage when representing you.

With a calm and collected approach, Attorney Kara Egwuatu takes the time to get to know her clients so that she can tailor her representation to meet their unique needs. As someone who experienced divorce as a child and in her adult life, she understands what you are going through. You can trust that The Law Office of Kara K. Egwuatu, PLLC has your best interests in mind as you navigate the process.

Call our Fort Bend County family lawyer at (281) 606-5188 or contact us online to request a free initial consultation.


Answers To Your Most Commonly Asked Questions

The right place where you cand find the answers to your questions regarding family law

A Protective Order is a Court Order issued to protect victims of family violence.

Family violence is an action or the treat of an action by a member of a “family” or a “household” against another member of the “family” or “household” that is intended to cause physical harm, bodily injury, assault or sexual assault, or reasonable fear of such action.

A “family” is anyone related by blood or marriage, people who used to be married to one another, people who are the parents of the same child, foster children and their foster parents, even if not living together.

A “household” is people living together even if they are not related, and this can include people who at one time, lived in the same household.

Any adult in a household can file for themselves or any other member of the household. If it is a child who needs protection, any adult can file for the child. The Attorney General, the District Attorney or the Department of Protective and Regulatory Services may also apply for any member of any household.

A Protective Order is effective for not more than one year, but circumstances regarding the application for a Protective Order must be discussed with an attorney to insure accuracy.

The District Attorney’s Office, Department of Protective and Regulatory Services, or any law enforcement agency.

The Clerk of the Court sends a copy of the Order to the Chief of Police of the city where the member of the family or household protected by the order resides, if the person resides in a City, or to the appropriate Constable and the Sheriff of the county where the person resides, if the person does not reside in a city; and the Department of Public Safety. These are some of the ways that Notice of a Protective Order can be dispensed to the proper authorities for enforcement.