Enlist Our Family to Support Yours: Let Us Help You Through It All.

Sugar Land Domestic Abuse Lawyer

Seek the Protection You Need

Any person facing abuse at the hands of their spouse, partner, or family member needs immediate protection – both for themselves and their children. Domestic abuse victims have the option to seek a restraining order – also called an order for protection – against the abuser. These orders can generally be obtained very quickly, offering instant protection.

If you are experiencing physical, financial, or emotional abuse at home, you may be feeling alone and afraid. We encourage you to seek help and guidance from our Fort Bend County domestic abuse attorney. The Law Office of Kara K. Egwuatu, PLLC is here to help you get the protection you need. We can also represent individuals who have been falsely accused of abuse and those who have been served with a restraining order unfairly.

Contact us right away at (281) 606-5188. We are always available to assist you and all contact remains confidential.

How to Obtain an Order of Protection

A restraining order is generally the best first step in protecting you and your children from further abuse.

A restraining order may prevent the violent person from:

  • Contacting you by phone, email, text, etc.
  • Living in the same home as you
  • Approaching or maintaining contact with your children

To obtain a protective order, you will have to visit the district attorney’s office or the local courthouse in your county. Our Fort Bend County domestic abuse attorney can help you with this process. The judge may grant you a temporary order. This order will be forwarded to the local police, who can escort the offender from your home if necessary. Any violation of a protective order is considered a crime.

With a temporary order in place, the accused may request a hearing to deny the allegations. Attorney Kara Egwuatu is happy to represent you and guide you through this process to ensure that your voice is heard and that you are protected.

Disputing an Order for Protection

If you have been served a restraining order and feel that it is unnecessary or unfair, you have options to pursue an appeal. Violating a restraining order is a crime – and having this on your record can affect you personally and professionally. It is in your best interests to respect and follow the protective order against you while pursuing legal action with the help of a skilled attorney.

We cannot advise you enough that this is a serious legal issue, especially when the accusations have been made falsely in order to affect a custody battle. Immediate action should be taken to address this matter or it could be too late.

Choose Kara Egwuatu , PLLC

Whether you need an attorney to relieve you from an abusive situation or to defend you against allegations of abuse, you can count on The Law Office of Kara K. Egwuatu, PLLC. Attorney Kara Egwuatu has over a decade of experience to put to work for you. Your safety and well-being are her top concern.

Seek help today by calling (281) 606-5188.